Monday 9 January 2012

OLD ISSUES; # 3 (1999)

Yeah, # 3, back up and running! I note in the intro I lament the recent passing of Turbonegro, who I was lucky to see the year before at The Garage Highbury. And I still stand by 'Apocalypse Dudes' being my favourite album of The Nineties, heh...

Interviews; Four Letter Word would be interviewed at least 3 times in Zonked! over the years (inc. their last ever interview in # 12) - this was the first one, conducted in their car, outside The Joiners Arms, Southampton, during an STE 2 Dayer. Those were the days! Whatever put out a cracking album on Dr Strange, played a gig at The Garage with Zoinks! and I nailed 'em down after their set. DM's was also at The Garage (12/98). I interviewed drummer Thomas from France's Burning Heads when they played The Albert, Brighton (10/98) and that was the start of a friendship with the band that persists to this day, and has included numerous trips across The Channel to see them gigging. Caustic Soda from Melbourne had a cracking EP out on (you guessed it) Crackle! Records and this, and SoCal's Bodies, were email Q&A's. The front cover is in Budapest, Hungary, and was the start of my Travelogues....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment